What’s more fun than a scavenger hunt, riddles and trivia? One you can win tons of local prizes, discover more about Weaverville while staying safe with your close friends and family. There’s a new game in town and it’s called Weaverology! We all know a lot about Asheville but, how much do you know about Weaverville?
A wide spectrum of annual events organized by the Town of Weaverville have been canceled this year for obvious reasons. Those included the Art Safari, Art in Autumn and Music on Main. So, we all need some distractions – and some fun and a way of supporting our local community. The point of all this is to create a collaborative, educational, supportive – and fun! – community campaign for Weaverville’s small businesses, locals and visitors. The online event will last from the beginning of September through October.
If ever there was a time when we all needed an infusion of fun, joy and community spirit, it is now; am I right? Designed by a coalition of your friends and neighbors, Weaverology is a social media, photo-driven, interactive – and, of course, socially distanced – town game called WEAVEROLOGY!
How to Play
If you’re not on Facebook or Instagram, you may want to create an account just for this virtual game. Throughout September and October, that’s right – two whole months – the Weaverville Business Association will announce weekly different tasks and trivia questions. The official details can be found here on the ‘Visit Weaverville’ website but, the details are:
- Scavenger hunt task or riddle to be solved and answered through your personal Facebook or Instagram account with a photo, tagging @visitweaverville and using the #hashtags #weaverology and #visitweaverville
- A trivia question about the Town of Weaverville to be answered with a photo tagging @visitweaverville in your social media stories. Players are only expected to do one of the weekly tasks or questions.
Here’s what to expect each week beginning Sunday, August 30th from the @visitweaverville Facebook and Instagram:
- Every Sunday: The week’s list of prizes to be won by one lucky player!
- Every Monday: A scavenger hunt task or riddle to be answered on your personal Facebook or Instagram; must be answered by the following Friday at 8am. If you’re not tagging @visitweaverville or using the #hashtags #weaverology or #visitweaverville, then your anwer will not be counted which means your name will not be entered to win a prize.
- Every Wednesday: Visit Weaverville will share a trivia question for you to answer within 24 hours in your Facebook or Instagram stories tagging @visitweaverville and using one of the #hashtags #weaverology or #visitweaverville
- Every Friday: A winner! Each week’s players names are entered into a virtual raffle then the winner will be announced on the Visit Weaverville Facebook and Instagram.
Are There Prizes?
Of course! All donated by Weaverville’s small businesses, each week the players for each week’s scavenger tasks and trivia will have their names entered into a digital raffle; every Friday a WINNER will be announced on Visit Weaverville. Every Sunday, the list of prizes will be shared on Visit Weaverville’s social media so you can see what you are playing for. They will also award “Golden Ticket” prizes every two weeks to the most-frequent participants.
Here are the four categories of Golden Ticket Prizes:
- Get Outdoors: Exhilarations such as zip-lining paired with outdoor gear.
- Farm, Food, and Photoshoot: Places, food and photography
- Finer Things: Fine Art, Cheese and Wine: Studio Experiences & Products
- Be Vibrant and Well: A collection of gifts geared towards spa experiences, yoga and more.
How to Get Started?
So, are you ready to get started? Follow the Weaverville Business Association on Facebook and Instagram, → @visitweaverville. Here’s what you can expect each week. Play as much or little as you want but remember, the more you play – the better chance you have to win big prizes!
Thank You to All of These Wonderful Weaverville Businesses
5 Little Monkeys Quilt & Sew
Art Accents Frame Shop
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity ReStore (Weaverville)
Baa’d Sheep Burritos
Blue Ridge Properties Group
Brown’s Floral Design
Echoview Fiber Mill
Edward Jones-Bill Boughton, AAMS
Eluvium Brewing Company
Emerald Ridge Farm
Escape to the Page- creative writing adventures
Fresh Aire Spa and Salon
Gotta Have It Antiques
Honey & The Hive
Inn on Main Vacation Rentals
Keller Williams Professionals Weaverville
Maggie B’s Wine & Specialty Store
Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt
Mountain History & Culture Group, Vance Birthplace SHS
Navitat Canopy Adventures
Optix Eye Care
Rare Exotic Vehicles
Reems Creek Golf Club
Reems Creek Nursery
Refined Rustic Woodworks
Shop Around the Corner
Skin Care at Optix
Trout Insurance Services
Victoria Grace Photography
Weaverville Business Association
Weaverville Tailgate Market
Well-Bred Bakery & Cafe